Saturday, April 6, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
How did I get the idea? I can't drive yet... So i need to use ingredients from home... Plus I needed to make something really quick before my mom came home since today is her birthday and its for her...
Event? Moms Birthday!
Perfect for? Last minute arrangements!
- Box brownie mix
_(the ingredients that the brownie mix needs)
Zesty Lemon Frosting
-1 cup of confectioners sugar
-1tbs of freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1tbs of freshly grated lemon zest
-1 stick of room temperature of unsalted butter
1. Make the brownie mix batter as instructed
2. Pour into a 8x8 square baking pan which is lined with parchment paper on the bottom and coated with butter on the sides
3. Bake as instructed on the brownie mix box
1. Combine confectioners sugar and butter with a hand mixer (that's what I used) or by hand
2. Add lemon juice then lemon zest
3. Use a piping bag or use a ziplock bag like I did for the frosting
Assembling the brownie cake
1. Let the brownie cool all the way
2. Cut the brownie in half
3. Pipe droplets of the frosting along the outside rim of the bottom layer
4. Put the other half on top of the bottom layer
5. Add any designs on the top!
I just used some wooden skewers and some scarp card stock to make the flags
Then there's the slices of lemon skin, which I simply grabbed a apple peeler and just peeled the skin of a lemon with it!
For the candles I used sparklers!
Have fun with this! Explore. Add your own touch to it!
My thoughts to yours,
Yuna Emily Shin